A Grumpy Girl Amongst the Imaginary Peas │ Tolland, CT Child Photography

Tolland, CT family photographer captures a girl leaning on a pea trellis

I’m glad this grumpy face doesn’t match how I feel tonight because it’s been a really great day.   Completion of a few jobs, a nice walk and really good conversation, chocolate, a fabulous session and then out to dinner with my girls…so what if my margarita had enough sour mix to clean every bit of oxidation off my copper pots. It’s perfectly fine with me if there’s a little bit of not so good in an otherwise fabulous day.   Yes, life is good and it would be really nice if this peaceful spell continues.  I’m seriously hoping it will.

So, I took this shot a few weeks ago of B leaning on my pea trellis.  Yeah, you know the one…it’s the same one that used to be covered in peas and now isn’t,  (okay, this isn’t my pea trellis, it’s my obelisk, but it’s in the general vicinity…does that count?)  Sigh….I wish, I wish, I wish I had the time to get back to the garden.  I miss my hands being in the dirt, and pretending to be all that with my axe.

Maybe I should forget about the garden and just get back to writing something…what do you think?   These old posts I wrote back in the day crack me up and I totally miss it.  Now if I could find the time to compose a thought….oh wait…nah.  Never mind, it’s gone.

Have you taken your 50mm shot this week?

View My PortfolioContact MePin It!Share on Facebook

Facebook comments:

• Dianne - Bunny TrailsNo GravatarAugust 18, 2011 - 11:30 PM

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the b&w. Maybe I’ll get something up this week. My pictures kind of stink lately, so I’m less than motivated to shoot anything right now. We’ll see how tomorrow goes.ReplyCancel

• adminNo GravatarAugust 19, 2011 - 8:58 AM

Thanks, Dianne! Your pictures never stink! You have to work through these times or it will get worse! Go pick up your camera, girlfriend!!!ReplyCancel

• JoAnneNo GravatarAugust 19, 2011 - 7:14 AM

This is one gorgeous picture! It is stunning in b&w.ReplyCancel

• adminNo GravatarAugust 19, 2011 - 8:56 AM

Thank you, JoAnn! I was just thinking about you yesterday, as I am getting ready for a workshop trip to NYC and was thinking about the fun time we had in Stamford. Are you still taking lots of pictures? I hope so ;:)ReplyCancel

• Ashley SiskNo GravatarAugust 19, 2011 - 8:06 AM

Gorgeous shot and I love the bw processing. Hope you have a great weekend.ReplyCancel

• adminNo GravatarAugust 19, 2011 - 8:57 AM

Thank you, Ashley! Enjoy yours also!ReplyCancel

• Nics CahillNo GravatarAugust 21, 2011 - 4:20 PM

Stunning shot – this one will be a favourite among her children, and grandchildren. A shot that will speak to the generations. Happy week ahead Hallie. NicsReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

S e a r c h
S u b s c r i b e   t o   B l o g