If your fancy digital camera is still in full auto – just like it was when you first took it out of the box, then Focus is for you! Focus – Get Your Click On is a workshop for the new photographer. You will learn how to get more from your camera, so you can document those important moments in your life.
NEW WORKSHOP CONTENT HAS BEEN ADDED!!
This workshop has been expanded to include hands on practice!
Things We’ll Cover:
- 10 ways to take better pictures of your kids
- Shooting creatively – framing, rule of thirds, creative angles and composing for the best shots
- Introduction to Exposure: aperture, ISO, shutter speed and how they work together
- Using the light to your advantage and avoiding flash
- Using basic shooting modes
- Lens Overview
- Basic image critique with tips on improving those shots
- Image editing overview, backing up and image management software
- Take home assignments that can be added to our Flickr Get Your Click On group, so you can upload and show off your completed assignments for critique
Who Should Take This Class?
This is a beginners workshop that will teach you how to get your camera off the auto setting and on to taking better pictures. You will leave here with a new understanding of your camera’s functions and how to use them, take home assignments to practice what you have learned, a bag of goodies, a fully tummy and a few new friends!
A DSLR is required for this workshop. This workshop is not for people already familiar with their cameras, looking for advanced techniques or people entering into business. Before coming to class, you will need to read your manual and bring it along. This is very important because we will not be covering individual camera functions.
The workshop is approximately four hours. The cost is $145 per person. Payment in full is due at registration. A light brunch and beverages will be provided.
The workshop will be held at The Lodge at Crandall Park, in Tolland, CT. The Lodge is a beautiful rustic cabin nestled on a wooded hilltop overlooking a quiet pond. A picturesque location ready to spark your creativity!
There is a minimum of 10 students. If minimum number of students isn’t met, class will be rescheduled. You can choose to have your class registration fee transferred to a future workshop, or have it refunded to you through PayPal.
To receive more information about this workshop or future workshops, you can sign up for the workshop newsletter here.
Registration Deadline: September 3, 2012
Date: Saturday October 6, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: The Lodge at Crandall Park
124 Cider Mill Road