If you are looking for a beginner photography workshop in CT, then this workshop is for you! Is your fancy digital camera is still in full auto – just like it was when you first took it out of the box? Focus – Get Your Click On is a workshop for the new photographer. You will learn how to get more from your camera, so you can document those important moments in your life.
Things We’ll Cover:
- 10 ways to take better pictures of your kids
- Shooting creatively – framing, rule of thirds, creative angles and composing for the best shots
- Introduction to Exposure: aperture, ISO, shutter speed and how they work together
- Using the light to your advantage and avoiding flash
- Using basic shooting modes
- Lens Overview
- Basic image critique with tips on improving those shots
- Image editing overview, backing up and image management software
- Take home assignments that can be added to our Flickr Get Your Click On group, so you can upload and show off your completed assignments for critique
Who Should Take This Class?
This is a beginners workshop that will teach you how to get your camera off the auto setting and on to taking better pictures. You will leave here with a new understanding of your camera’s functions and how to use them, take home assignments to practice what you have learned, a bag of goodies, a fully tummy and a few new friends!
A DSLR is required for this workshop. This workshop is not for people already familiar with their cameras, looking for advanced techniques or people entering into business. Before coming to class, you will need to read your manual and bring it along. This is very important because we will not be covering individual camera functions.
The workshop is approximately four hours. The cost is $135 per person and includes a light lunch and beverages. Each person will receive a swag bag with discounts and information from some of my favorite vendors! There will also be a drawing to win a fabulous camera strap from Capturing Couture!
There is a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 12, so everyone will have an opportunity to ask specific questions. If minimum number of students isn’t met, class will be rescheduled. Workshop location and dates will be announced shortly.
Please use the sign up link below to add your name to the mailing list. You will be notified as soon as the next class is announced.